who uses dr.s with things besides guitar/bass?

Moderator: Ryan

who uses dr.s with things besides guitar/bass?

Postby fishtankdork » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:12 pm

so i put an sdd after my boss rc 300 loop station. i run this thing in the loop of my marshall with a mic. when im solo its what i use for vocals and guitar. cause the mic is hooked in the rc300 ive never fucked with effects on it before. well i threw my sdd after and fucking yes fucking yes. so glorious on vocals. i beat box sometimes for drums solo and glorious. on that as well. want to try a cc3 and tremelscence so badddd like this now!!
-----------So LoNg AnD tHaNkS fOr AlL tHe FiSh----------
fishtankdork

experienced
experienced

Re: who uses dr.s with things besides guitar/bass?

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:52 pm

i use my tremolessence with my analoge drum machines. i use the hold function and set the rate real high for a super fluttery effect, this gives some nice texture to the decay of drum hits etc. kinda counts i use my moogerfoogers for controlling cv.

edit: my drum machines have been modded with cv/in out for each voice, so in other context's i'll use these to control the cv on the dr s to good effect.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fishtankdork » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:46 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=76 ... 7526948828 crappy looping but hey! dr.s ssd on everything!!! the overdrive is the amp. only effects used was ssd
fishtankdork

experienced
experienced

Postby fishtankdork » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote:i use my tremolessence with my analoge drum machines. i use the hold function and set the rate real high for a super fluttery effect, this gives some nice texture to the decay of drum hits etc. kinda counts i use my moogerfoogers for controlling cv.

edit: my drum machines have been modded with cv/in out for each voice, so in other context's i'll use these to control the cv on the dr s to good effect.

thats freaking awesome, id love to hear clips
fishtankdork

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Really cool video, Christian, that's awesome! I love when people do that.. set up a beat, loop it, play guitar over it, sing over it.. that's cool stuff to do, thanks for sharing.

Unc, that looks like a really cool drum machine.. I'll be lurking your YouTube channel for clips of that badboy..
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:30 pm

fishtankdork wrote:
Uncle Grandfather wrote:i use my tremolessence with my analoge drum machines. i use the hold function and set the rate real high for a super fluttery effect, this gives some nice texture to the decay of drum hits etc. kinda counts i use my moogerfoogers for controlling cv.

thats freaking awesome, id love to hear clips

Will do :thumb:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:38 pm

Ryan wrote: Unc, that looks like a really cool drum machine.. I'll be lurking your YouTube channel for clips of that badboy..

Think the movie "fight club" and the simple drum samples that would come up now and again, pretty sure they used this model, kinda unique sounds. Along with the cv in/out mod there are also on/off switches for all ten voices, and outs for v or s trig so I can synch the clock with any of my synth gear. Did the same mods with a vintage Roland TR-55 analogue drum machine.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:23 am

Very cool.. so what else you got for cool drum machines, Unc? You got the old Roland stuff, like the 808? What about the bass synth, the 303?
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Dr. Scientist