Expression pedal for Elements/Cosmichorus

Moderator: Ryan

Expression pedal for Elements/Cosmichorus

Postby AndreDanican » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:32 am

Any thoughts on a good expression pedal to control an Elements and a Cosmichorus? Any feedback on how this works would be most welcome!
AndreDanican

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Expression pedal for Elements/Cosmichorus

Postby Doctor X » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:15 pm

roland ev-5 - solid plastic build, built in cable, range adjustment, always around 2nd hand

source audio double expression - solid metal build, heavier, range adjustment for 1 side, full range the other, comes with 1 stereo cable will need another to use for both at same time
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:56 pm

Welcome to ILF, Andre, and thanks for picking up those pedals!

My favourite expression pedal is the Moog EP-2, I just think it works well with all my pedals and has a good beefy feel.

The ones the good Doc above me mentioned sound good too, my only caution is that sometimes some expression pedals are connected kinda weirdly. Like sometimes on a stereo pedal they'll have the bottom lugs connected, or worse connected to the chassis in a way that grounds them, or both.. stuff like that won't work with my expression inputs, it has to be a separate and isolated TRS resistance, or CV, depending.

That's not to say the ones Ben mentioned are like that though, just saying that not all expression pedals work the same way.. there's no standardization for it.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby YashaG » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:28 am

Didn't want to start a new thread but finally AMT came out with a small expression pedal that will fit Dr. Scientist Pedals perfectly. Definitely going to get one for my Elements.
YashaG

interested
interested

Postby goroth » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:06 pm

I use a Moog and a Roland EV-5. Both work really well. That AMT looks nice though!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Jwar » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:35 pm

I use a Source Audio Dual Expression pedal and it works great. I've also used the Moog and that worked great as well.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Ryan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:54 pm

That AMT looks really cool, gotta get that, thanks for the link! Gotta get an EV-5 too, that's a really common one that I get a lot of emails about but don't own..
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Yeah, that AMT does look really nice.

I wanna metal enclosured expression pedal with a long throw though.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Return to Dr. Scientist