Looking for a booster for my Elements

Moderator: Ryan

Looking for a booster for my Elements

Postby Atrox » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:41 am

Ok, as you all probably know, I like my Elements with lots of tight mids and a tight bottom end to get some modern hardrock/modern EVH type sounds. Thing is, I also like me some less gainy tones, which The Elements can do perfectly. So my thought was, that I want a boost/OD that pushes the Elements from ACDC to EVH and gives it more gain and tightens it up. I know, a TS is known to do just that, but I tried it once with a Bad Monkey and it didn't work out so well (the BM still had a fair amount of drive in the lowest Gain position). Anyone with some experience pushing the Elements into dirt-heaven?

I know, I could get a second Elements to do the low gain stuff, but I am a lazy bastard and I don't want to step on to pedals at the same time to switch sounds.
Atrox

committed
committed

Re: Looking for a booster for my Elements

Postby AxAxSxS » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:37 am

I use my elements as a clean boost :idk:
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby amorphous » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:34 pm

i think you've answered your own question: Second Elements FTW!

I like my elements last as it stacks with pretty much everything and is really transparent. FWIW, the elements works great w. my monarch
amorphous

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sonidero » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:37 pm

"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ryan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:01 pm

I think you'd be good with pretty much any one-knob-wonder boost that you like the tone of, there's lots that could do the job for you. I don't really have a favourite but there's lots and they all sound a little different.. maybe try an op amp boost, BJT boost, FET boost, digital boost (BitQuest) and see what you like the sound of.

I think Marc's nailed it too, the Cleanness is a fine compliment to the Elements! *big smile*
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Atrox » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:02 am

Hm yeah The Cleanness. Forgot about that one^^ I'm broke Ryan, would you trade for one of my girlfriend's paintings? ;)
Atrox

committed
committed

Postby AxAxSxS » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:20 am

I'm actually thinking about trading my The Elements for a The Cleanness. From what I understand the settings are more sensitive? (TWSS) I love the EQ and boost I get from The Elements, but more fine tuning is always better IMO.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Atrox wrote:Hm yeah The Cleanness. Forgot about that one^^ I'm broke Ryan, would you trade for one of my girlfriend's paintings? ;)

That could be cool!

AxAxSxS wrote:I'm actually thinking about trading my The Elements for a The Cleanness. From what I understand the settings are more sensitive? (TWSS) I love the EQ and boost I get from The Elements, but more fine tuning is always better IMO.

The Cleanness is a better booster than the Elements mainly because the gain knob on the Cleanness is all clean gain, limited to a very small window of what the gain knob on the Elements is covering. The EQ controls are very slightly more powerful on the Cleanness as well, because to make them sit perfectly with the high gain of the Elements they had to be reigned in very slightly.

So yeah, I think you'd probably find the Cleanness more useful if you were cool with only having booster amount of gain with no clipping.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Dr. Scientist