Let's Ponder: The Ultimate Best 8 Reverb Patch Sounds Ever

Moderator: Ryan

Re: Let's Ponder: The Ultimate Best 8 Reverb Patch Sounds Ev

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:45 pm

dude that is the most responses in 2 posts i think i have ever seen. bravo ryan bravo!
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Great ideas everyone (especially Syl)!

I think there is one thing missing on the market, and perhaps one thing in common with many of the ideas here, and that's noise. I haven't heard any spring emulations that really have the noise of a wacky spring tank, and I definitely haven't heard any that allow you to crank the living hell out of said noise. Imagine a spring reverb that creaked and groaned and had a bunch of unpredictable mechanical noise that you could ratchet up to almost louder than reverb levels? Or the flerb idea - allow the flanger to get all metallic and horrible sounding! That would be super cool with a reverb, or to get into Flanger with No Name sick, ratchety octave-sweeping flange sounds. That way you can dial in your nice spring sounds, or nice flange sounds, but if you want you can make it sound horrible. In the good way. etc etc.

Noise verbs.

It'd be cool if each patch allowed you to control if the "non-reverb" effect was set at a static level, or if it fed back onto itself and increased in intensity. This would be noticeable on long reverb times. For example, you could dial in a fairly subtle bit crush effect and keep it subtle for the entire decay of the verb, or you could feed it back into itself so that by the end of the decay time it is super degraded.

Um feedback knob. Man. I thought I was onto something new there... OH well. But yeah, feedback from 0-100%. For all patches.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby greyscales » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:37 pm

goroth wrote:I think there is one thing missing on the market, and perhaps one thing in common with many of the ideas here, and that's noise. I haven't heard any spring emulations that really have the noise of a wacky spring tank, and I definitely haven't heard any that allow you to crank the living hell out of said noise. Imagine a spring reverb that creaked and groaned and had a bunch of unpredictable mechanical noise that you could ratchet up to almost louder than reverb levels?

Um feedback knob. Man. I thought I was onto something new there... OH well. But yeah, feedback from 0-100%. For all patches.

I like the way you think.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby skullservant » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:40 pm

YES. The Holy Grail is the only reverb that I've found that you can get a little noisy with. I would LOVE if there was a noise control or 'age' control on the spring
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:18 pm

So someone with an easy to access reverb tank/springs...what's it sound like if you dip that ish in water? (spring not whole tank)
Now we're talkin WET.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby stew36 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:40 pm

OMG when will these be available? JK.

Some kind of sample-and-hold function would be fun--either random depth, modulation or type of reverb.
stew36

interested
interested

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:51 pm

goroth wrote:I think there is one thing missing on the market, and perhaps one thing in common with many of the ideas here, and that's noise. I haven't heard any spring emulations that really have the noise of a wacky spring tank, and I definitely haven't heard any that allow you to crank the living hell out of said noise. Imagine a spring reverb that creaked and groaned and had a bunch of unpredictable mechanical noise that you could ratchet up to almost louder than reverb levels? Or the flerb idea - allow the flanger to get all metallic and horrible sounding! That would be super cool with a reverb, or to get into Flanger with No Name sick, ratchety octave-sweeping flange sounds. That way you can dial in your nice spring sounds, or nice flange sounds, but if you want you can make it sound horrible. In the good way. etc etc.

OOH totally unfeasible idea: stick a motion sensor inside, so that kicking the pedal introduces noise like a real reverb tank! Although that seems sufficiently cool/weird of an endeavor to warrant its own pedal!

But anything like what Goroth mentioned would be really cool! Weirder takes on tradition verbs, in addition to interesting new ones!
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby backwardsvoyager » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:55 pm

oof. something like that 'kick pad' on the danelectro spring king.

I don't think i could bring myself to kick a Dr. Scientist pedal though :lol:
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:37 pm

Bartimaeus wrote:OOH totally unfeasible idea: stick a motion sensor inside, so that kicking the pedal introduces noise like a real reverb tank! Although that seems sufficiently cool/weird of an endeavor to warrant its own pedal!

Or maybe even expression controllable. Like as you rock the treadle, it's like scraping the springs. :animal:
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:38 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:
Bartimaeus wrote:OOH totally unfeasible idea: stick a motion sensor inside, so that kicking the pedal introduces noise like a real reverb tank! Although that seems sufficiently cool/weird of an endeavor to warrant its own pedal!

Or maybe even expression controllable. Like as you rock the treadle, it's like scraping the springs. :animal:

Such. Cool. Ideas.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Forrrest » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 pm

goroth wrote:Noise verbs.

I want noise verbs too.
Forrrest

committed
committed

Postby kbit » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:15 am

- I fully support the idea of all eight patches being weird verbs. RRR is successful enough for the standard stuff.
- Love the idea of EQ controls for the wet signal
- Square-wave modulation?
- Ring-modded verb trails?
- Weird stereo effects, like the verb sounding dead center on the attack but fading into your peripherals (tunnels)?
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ApeLincoln » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:45 am

I'd really dig a some kind of delay/verb combo that sounds like water dripping in a cave.
Skullservant, Ryan Summit and MSUsousaphone are righteous dudes

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Feeling confident and pretty like a little princess is just as important as pedge.

You look stunning today.
ApeLincoln

committed
committed

Postby Sam-2XD » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Honestly, something like Eventide's Blackhole is a must. How can Dr. Scientist not include a setting that sounds like your sound is reverberating in the depths of space?
Sam-2XD

interested
interested

Postby Sam-2XD » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:38 pm

Oh, and maybe bring back the reverberator's Leslie option, that thing was awesome.
Sam-2XD

interested
interested

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist