BitQuest! Pre-order today! Get your questin' gear on!

Moderator: Ryan

Re: BitQuest! Clean demo and pre-order update page 37!

Postby Bartimaeus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:42 am

backwardsvoyager wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby rustywire » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:31 pm

So excite.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:54 pm

jwar wrote:Everyone saw this one right?

That's, that's my blood.

No but really. :)

Just kidding! I'm excite as well!

I don't think the blood splatter was really necessary. I mean, everyone's will look like that anyway after they open the box and get the craziest projectile nosebleed of their lives.

So sexy, hot damn.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Helter » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:50 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:

That's, that's my blood.

No but really. :)

Just kidding! I'm excite as well!

I don't think the blood splatter was really necessary. I mean, everyone's will look like that anyway after they open the box and get the craziest projectile nosebleed of their lives.

So sexy, hot damn.

:lol:

…and I love that little dr. scientist logo with the whooshing rocket for the "I". Just a super vintage/space race era looking design.
Live your life like a tree.
spacelordmother wrote:Didn't hate it
Incoming
True pedge
Helter

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ryan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks for watching!

I missed some questions awhile ago, sorry!

mikeyx13 wrote:Late to this thread, but, love this thing! Amazing ideas are coming to me already. How about a stereo version?

Thanks Michael! I don't know about a stereo version.. I want to keep this a build that I can do myself, not requiring SMD and a bunch of money, but maybe down the road. I'm a little on the fence about stereo effects after making them the last few years, it's such a small niche but so tough to work with as a designer/builder..

Psyre wrote:Will BQ run on 12v?

Yep, you can run it up to 18V

sylnau wrote:Awesome :yay:

That little guy under your amp is scaring!

I bet there's one under your amp too, Syl, they're everywhere! *scary music* I made that lil guy over 10 years ago, he's got a 555 timer inside him with a few resistors and caps.

wfs1234 wrote:Yeah, that's cool.

haha I love this, what's it from?

backwardsvoyager wrote:
goroth wrote:Ryan, that LFO modulated sample rate reduction!!
WOWZERS!!!

Yessss!!!!!

That and the reverb patch with modulated pre-delay time totally sold me. And that crazy stuff with the delay patch right at the end. This thing is absolutely tits.

Thanks guys! You've mentioned some of my favourite sounds too.. that modulated sample rate sounds so cool when it hits the bottom and top of the sweep hey. The long reverb is a favourite for sure, I'm pumped to finally have a reverb with a decay control ha. And the delay address modulation is a lot of fun, I really like it. I also really dig the ring mod with the reverb and subtle modulation, that's my other favourite sound.

breitnersn wrote:Next couple of months means like half a year or something? Actually wanted to wait for the regular run (because of the birthday pedal thing...). But I'm so keen on this... I can't wait for months... :no:
What do you charge for shipping to Europe, Ryan?

I really like that this pedal is digital by nature without trying to emulate anything analog. The modulation stuff is really awesome. I thought the bitcrusher could be a little close to my Hexe. But it is something else, really special. Nice!

I wish I had a proper answer for that, I'm sorry! We've committed to the powder coat and the boxes can be ready fast, we just don't have the artwork in yet and I don't think we will for a little while yet. I think 2 months is reasonable but box delays happen to me lots.. one thing I maybe didn't mention, we're going to do a laser etched run with Adam and Jeff too, so that will be a different look again and maybe something I could do a birthday discount on. *wink*

For the pre-order I'm going to ask Euro/Asia/Aus to kick in $20 extra and I'll eat the rest to get you tracking, then we won't have to worry about your special rare pedal not arriving, that kinda thing keeps me up at night.

Great point about the celebration of digital here, I'm not trying to do analog anything with this badboy and I love it! I love the digital nature and all that means, it's fun and exciting and interesting sounding. Thanks very much!

goroth wrote:Sorry for posting 400 times in a row, but Ryan does the tone knob affect the output as a whole, or does it only affect the wet or only affect the dry signal?

Great question, I didn't show that off at all in either video did I *smacks forehead* The tone and volume knobs are for the wet signal only, your dry signal on the Mix knob stays simply buffered and passed on through to the output, it doesn't touch any of the circuit. So you can fine tune the tone and level of the wet and leave your dry alone.

I hope whoever gets this badass box sets their toggle to the distorted side and then breaks it off, never to use the clean quest, only the high gain! MetalQuest! Looks sweet, I dig that kinda thing haha. Most are black though, hey Adam? There's a few greenies I saw that look sweet.. I dig the black look bigtime.. should get some sweet knobs for these..

Bellyheart wrote:We'll this can take my ring thing away. Love the ctrl0 functions in every patch. I was waiting for that one most the time.

Thanks Jon! The additional controls on the clean side really expand the pedal's power.. if only I could have 4 digital controls, I'd love to digi-fuzz up the weird modulations!

Ok, not pre-order time just yet, I want to make sure everything is in place and known before we start, regarding the boxes and boards and parts. Also, we're thinking of doing a logo t-shirt, we never really have before, just a simple one colour logo like at the top of our website with the rocket flying into the I of scientist... sound ok for a shirt?

Thanks again for watching the video and for the thoughts, much appreciated!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Ryan wrote:
wfs1234 wrote:Yeah, that's cool.

haha I love this, what's it from?

Ok, not pre-order time just yet, I want to make sure everything is in place and known before we start, regarding the boxes and boards and parts. Also, we're thinking of doing a logo t-shirt, we never really have before, just a simple one colour logo like at the top of our website with the rocket flying into the I of scientist... sound ok for a shirt?

It's from Big Trouble In Little China (the weirdest psudosequel ever)!

Does this mean I should stop checking your subforum five times every hour, or is the pre-order still imminent (i.e. either today or tomorrow)? And a logo shirt would be excellent!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Oh yea. Most black. I only did like 4, maybe 5 with special colors. Just thought it'd add to the how collectible they'll be. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby MSUsousaphone » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:14 pm

Shirt idea rocks.
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby mikeyx13 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:38 pm

How about a hint on the time of day...just not the day? If I'm at work I'll have to bypass the firewall to place an order, good thing I'm the IT guy there....PST zone before or after 6 am/pm would be great!
mikeyx13

committed
committed

Postby breitnersn » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:37 am

Ryan wrote:
breitnersn wrote:Next couple of months means like half a year or something? Actually wanted to wait for the regular run (because of the birthday pedal thing...). But I'm so keen on this... I can't wait for months... :no:

For the pre-order I'm going to ask Euro/Asia/Aus to kick in $20 extra and I'll eat the rest to get you tracking, then we won't have to worry about your special rare pedal not arriving, that kinda thing keeps me up at night.

[...]

Also, we're thinking of doing a logo t-shirt, we never really have before, just a simple one colour logo like at the top of our website with the rocket flying into the I of scientist... sound ok for a shirt?

20 bucks sounds more than fair for saving your precious sleep. We need you well rested for this. ;)
Dr. Scientist logo shirt sounds super great!!! I'll be the king of my lab wearing this. Forget about the regular pedal. I'm in for the ILF run. :snax:
breitnersn

committed
committed

Postby Sardocasm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:30 am

I'd totally rock that Dr. Scientist shirt (along with the one I got from the Cosmichorus preorder).
Sardocasm

committed
committed

Postby Ryan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Cool, glad you guys dig the logo shirt plan!

wfs1234 wrote:It's from Big Trouble In Little China (the weirdest psudosequel ever)!

Does this mean I should stop checking your subforum five times every hour, or is the pre-order still imminent (i.e. either today or tomorrow)? And a logo shirt would be excellent!

That's awesome.. I remember that movie but not that scene at all.. it's a weird cool movie hey!

I'm sorry for the vagueness with the pre-order! I do think it's gonna happen this week still, just confirming all our ducks in a row before we make it official. It'll definitely be an afternoon/evening announcement as I'm an afternoon/evening kinda guy.

I don't think you guys have to worry about them selling out really fast though, I don't think it'll be crazy like that.

Sorry again for the stringing along, I don't mean to be annoying with this!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Forrrest » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:14 pm

I'll keep my eyes peeled!
Forrrest

committed
committed

Postby orllybrahhehbrah » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:26 pm

So much potential in one box. Oh my.

Get one, use filter and pitch, start a QOTSA cover band.
orllybrahhehbrah

committed
committed

Postby Ryan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Today is the day! Gimme an hour or two to get into my day and get the pre-order post ready etc and today is the day!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist