· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals fished from the shores of lake okanagan and flash frozen for freshness <drscientist.ca> <FB> <IG>
Post a reply

Re: Reverberators, Noise, and Trouble-shooting...

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 pm

I rearrange the power, and no more buzzing.
but my bandmate added two eventide pedals to his board and now he's got buzzing. we'll get that sorted next practice.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Well I bought a Diago Isolator, and it hummed just as bad as before. Tried it both ways, connected to the pedal and conected to the fuel tank. In a Daisy chain and alone. Delivering it back tomorrow.

Just have to use an additional adapter for now.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Just got my Mini-RRR and no noise problems on a 1spot daisy chain with other pedals (mostly fuzz/OD, but also a random Ibanez chorus in there, and my Ghost Echo..)

It's so great! I love it! :thumb:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:46 am

mathias wrote:Just got my Mini-RRR and no noise problems on a 1spot daisy chain with other pedals (mostly fuzz/OD, but also a random Ibanez chorus in there, and my Ghost Echo..)

It's so great! I love it! :thumb:

Same here, KFK Q-Zone - Pigtronix Phil Rock - Rat - Elements - Miniberator, all with a one spot and no noise at all. I'm really relieved that I don't have to buy one of those retardedly priced voodoo labs... but I would have done it, the RRR is just fantastic :!!!:

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:04 am

myrrh wrote:Well I bought a Diago Isolator, and it hummed just as bad as before. Tried it both ways, connected to the pedal and conected to the fuel tank. In a Daisy chain and alone. Delivering it back tomorrow.

Just have to use an additional adapter for now.

Isolator might be borderline when it comes to current consumption :idk:

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:03 pm

OK, I've got a Fuel Tank Jr now! And it hums with the Reverberator! Only on outputs 1, 4, and 5 though... 2 and 3 are quiet. Go figure.

I also tried it with one of those Diago adapter isolators and it made quite a big difference but the hum was still audible.. greatly reduced though. I think this is a situation where the Diago can't help as much because the Fuel Tank Jr. is just not up to the challenge of a RRR. It's made to prevent problems of interference from improper isolation but this is a situation of not enough juice, I think, combined with not very well isolated, I think.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:05 am

I recently got a Skywatcher RRR and it sounds great, no hum or hiss powering with a one spot and daisy chained. One thing though, I do get a big pop when I switch the toggle. Any idea what causes this?

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:14 pm

That's normal, the only way to get two different decay time ranges for the Reverberator is to switch between two different timing crystals and that means turning the reverb engine off and on and it results in that noise. I attached a .pdf manual here, it's covered in that.
Attachments
Dr. Scientist - Mini-Reverberator.PDF
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 1152 times

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Cool, thanks for the reply. I should have thought to look for the manual. :idea:

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:14 pm

I should have had that manual in here from the get-go, that toggle switch noise is a frequent question and with my website down there's no easy to find answer about it.

Sat May 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Just got a raindrop RRR and hooked it up on a one spot and no noise at all.....just awesomeness! It shares the one spot with a pigdog minidriver clone (rangemaster) and a haunting mids fuzz V1.

I am running the RRR after a red SIB Echodrive delay and I could not be happier with the results....awesome sounding pedal

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Right on, Dan, thanks again and that's awesome to hear! Let's get out Billy Bong Thorton and celebrate!

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Ryan wrote:That's normal, the only way to get two different decay time ranges for the Reverberator is to switch between two different timing crystals and that means turning the reverb engine off and on and it results in that noise. I attached a .pdf manual here, it's covered in that.

Random note:
I downloaded this on my Nexus 7.1, but when I open it, nanoloop opens instead. B-)

Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Very weird, good to know!

Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:47 am

Since people are more inclined to spread bad news rather than good, I figure I'll post my personal positive Reverberator experience....

Powered with a 1Spot and sandwiched between two delays, no noise issue whatsoever with the Reverborator! Dead silent

BUZZZ> Keeley Comp> RawkworksLighOD> Cosmichorus> BlackFountainDelay> REVERBERATOR> ElCapistan
^all daisy chained using a single 1Spot :thumb:
Post a reply