· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals fished from the shores of lake okanagan and flash frozen for freshness <drscientist.ca> <FB> <IG>
Post a reply

Re: get yer Dr s boards out for the lads! *update 7/1/13*

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Good call on the sexy cosmi!

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:12 pm

That sexy Cosmi was my gift this year in Secret Santa!

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:35 pm

tis very sexy !!!

Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:28 am

Kepling wrote:Just recently scored a SDD, someone had to have a major brain fart to give this thing up. I needed an extra delay so I didn't have to swap my El Cap back and forth between boards, and am I glad I found the SDD. The shorter delays are nice and crisp, but the longer one's melt into a reverby-ish mush. The hardest part of this pedal was deciding which board I wanted it on since it sounded good with everything I threw at it, but I bought the El Cap specifically for the electric board so the organ/acoustic board got the SDD. Nothing wrong with a SDD into a Leslie right?

Close up:

Gut shot:

#9, #9, #9...

I had to get away from Photobucket because that site has way too many ads to be usable, so made the switch over to Imgur. Since the old pictures are gone here's a newer picture of that board:

Changes include being moved to my PT1 since the Leslie pedal is too big to fit in the case, and I added a tuner and a Reverberator. I originally got the Reverberator for my electric board, but I liked it so much I got a 2nd for this board. Here a picture of what I'm using in my electric amp's effects loop:

This Reverberator is in the 2nd loop on full wet feeding into the Hartman flanger, with the Janglebox in the 1st loop and the El Capistan in the 3rd loop. I've been really liking this setup, but the Hartman is all analog which has a tendency to make some weird noises, on top of being gigantic, so I've been thinking of replacing it with something else. I have also been wanting to try other things to feed the Reverberator into like a digital pitch shifter, and what do you know, that fancy new pedal Ryan recently released does both flanging and pitch shifting, plus a bunch of other fun stuff.

So, yeah, I'm slowly becoming a Dr Scientist convert, and there may be a Bitquest in my future the next time my G.A.S. gets the better of me. Might grab a Frazz Dazzler or an Elements at some point too, but honestly I need more dirt pedals like I need a hole in my head.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:04 am

Great board!

Get a BitQuest! One of the best pedal purchases I've ever made!
Post a reply