The Elements, favorite settings, post them here!

Moderator: Ryan

Re: The Elements, favorite settings, post them here!

Postby DarkAxel » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:58 pm

Thank you so much, Ryan :) you're the best
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Just for the record - tried the Rat-ish settings in this thread, but i didn't really feel it. granted - I only tried it on guitar, but I used to have a Rat on guitar and it didn't really feel right :idk:
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:26 pm

These settings are very subjective and depend on your gear a lot.. nobody hears exactly the same thing with one setting through all the gear in the world. You have to be objective about the tone.. what did the Rat sound like that the Elements didn't? More/less bass, saturation, mids, highs? You pick apart the tone you want and then match it with the Elements.. it can sound like all the opamp distortion pedals, Rat, TubeScreamer, IC Muff, but you have to make it work with your gear and tune it in.

I don't have any Elements right now to do that comparison for you but I will this week!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Finally got to play the Elements with my bass rig

found my favourite rat-ish sound in about a minute...

gain on 3 o'clock, volume to taste, mix full
lower gain, middle clipping, bass up, mids in the middle
Bass on 2 o'clock, Mids on 2, Treble on 11

so powerfull... now I use that for rocking out big time and my Mini for some fast attack less gainy but grittier dirt... perfect combo

morning edit: I was pretty high yesterday, so it might not be rat-ish at all... but it's an awesome sound :lol:

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:35 pm

Sorry Jan, I sort of left you hanging there didn't I! *apologies* Nicely done though, sounds like you cooked up a great tone! I'll still do a Rat experiment for you... buuuuuut maybe you should send me some Czech herbage so I can make sure we're both hearing the same thing. *big smile*
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:45 pm

If you feel like it, you can put some recomendations here, but I must say that I'm quite happy :)

and screw leaving me hanging... my rig, my ears, my music - results may vary anyway. So it's the best to actually try and listen and do what needs to be done on my own...

Hehe you don't want our stuff... the good stuff is what people have been smoking in the rest of the world 10 years ago I guess
also interesting thing - people seem to be obsessed with indica here... not that much "up" material here I think :idk: I'd prefer that

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:28 pm

Well Jan, April 20 is a pretty big event in western Canada... come on over! *big smile*
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Sparrow » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:15 pm

The Elements is Next on my List For Dirt ..
.. aaannnd . Purple Kush goes well with most things :snax:
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jules-RM » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:42 pm

Looks like it's finally getting a permanent spot on my board, the Rat > Timmy > Elements stack is pretty darned good sounding. Gotta use it at a practice to verify the settings I'm using tho. We're still deep into recording mode.
Jules-RM

interested
interested

Postby Ryan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Nice Jules, show us the new album when you're ready!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jules-RM » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:12 pm

We've got a little teaser uploaded here:

http://razorblademonalisa.bandcamp.com/

It's only lightly mastered, there's some EQ stuff going on I don't like - but I'm waiting for the other songs to be completed before we go to that step. I actually think the third song "End of the World" turned out the best. It was easy to record, not 100% perfect, but sounds decent enough for self recorded/self produced stuff.
Jules-RM

interested
interested

Postby Ryan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:57 pm

Really cool, Jules! I really dig the post-punk kinda sound and I think you guys have an awesome vibe, check in when the album is ready and I'll grab a copy!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SigurWes » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Hoping this thread isn't totally dead...

I have Blizzard of Ozz on right now and am wondering if anyone has a good Randy Rhoads tone for The Elements.

Thanks!
SigurWes

interested
interested

Postby goroth » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:03 pm

Did randy use a distortion+?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Andrew » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:22 am

Just when you get a little tired of hearing the same settings on The Elements, you accidentally find one that sounds heavier than what you were previously playing with.
Andrew

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist