Mid-Fi Clari(not)

Moderator: doug deeper

Re: Mid-Fi Clari(not)

Postby elbandito » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:58 pm

magnus02 wrote:if you haven't done it....

you absolutely have to buy a ohnoho utter stutter and put the clari(not) in the loop...

its freakin bliss.... i mean so freakin cool... start working your volume knob and the fun never ends... i jammed with my buddy for about an hour over one bass riff doing this and we both were grinning like freakin school girls the whole time... :)

This is exactly what I wanted to do but brokeness wouldn't allow me to get a Stutter while I had the clarinot. :(
Jrmy, you should do it and post clips so I can live vicariously through you! heh
superheavyFUNK
Fuzczk & F!zz

I am ELBAN, THE TROLL SLAYER!!!!
- fide fuzz semper fidelis - ILF downtime 2011 on FB veteran

hey, i'm cool! follow me on twitter: @ricardo_bandito
elbandito

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jrmy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:30 pm

elbandito wrote:

you absolutely have to buy a ohnoho utter stutter and put the clari(not) in the loop...

its freakin bliss.... i mean so freakin cool... start working your volume knob and the fun never ends... i jammed with my buddy for about an hour over one bass riff doing this and we both were grinning like freakin school girls the whole time... :)

This is exactly what I wanted to do but brokeness wouldn't allow me to get a Stutter while I had the clarinot. :(
Jrmy, you should do it and post clips so I can live vicariously through you! heh

Yeah, I'm thinking that an Utter Stutter would be utterly cool... and a nice entrance into the world of OhNoOhNo for me...
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby pothole » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:51 pm

I ordered one of the new models (4 Track Mind) from Lawrence last week, it should ship out tomorrow or thursday :thumb:
pothole

committed
committed

Postby Nychthemeron » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Just gonna say right now that Ohnoho's Feedbacking + Mid-Fi's Glitchy Sounds = Awesome Combo. I loved using my Chk Chk Boom with the Clari(not) before I traded it. I seriously recommend just messing around with some sort of noisy pedal in front (like a Big Muff) to provide some sound to garble through the feedback and pitch-warble of the Clari(not). Makes for some great times!
Do you like listening to homemade music? Me too. Why don't you try one of mine?

Current ILF Love: OHNOHO CHK CHK BOOM, Mellowtone Melx Fuzz 2, EQD Dream Crusher, Devi Ever ID, Dr. Scientist Proto-Miniberator - new vids eventually

some mysteries are best unsolved
Nychthemeron

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby phantasmagorovich » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:21 am

Does anyone know if this is real? eBay Germany

The description says it's a clone, but it says Mid-Fi on it...??

:idk:
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Postby stanimal » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:42 pm

nah, it says it's a clone... which it obviously is....
blooghost wrote: I am here because Heaven is for fucking squares and Hell has no fuzz :animal:

Officer Bukowski wrote:Sorry like half of the people I know are fictional tv characters.

devi ever wrote:Seriously... nothing but ultimate holy fuzz love for you guys. :love: :hug:
stanimal

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:47 pm

jrmy wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking that an Utter Stutter would be utterly cool... and a nice entrance into the world of OhNoOhNo for me...

Hey if you want, I could grab that one by me and send it your way.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrmy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Jero wrote:
jrmy wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking that an Utter Stutter would be utterly cool... and a nice entrance into the world of OhNoOhNo for me...

Hey if you want, I could grab that one by me and send it your way.

Tempting, but that would probably require cash, and I'm on a strict gear embargo right now... :cry: :no: :cry:
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bass_econo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Finally got one. This thing owns.

I had time to really get into the pedal last night. I found the perfect setting with just a little delay about twice the time of slapback that was perfect. I've found the pedal is very reactive to the volume and tone knobs(playing a strat). I'm able to just drop the volume ever so slightly removing almost all the fuzz and use it as a clean modulation-delay. The weird thing is how I was able to drive it with the hotcake and the volume rose but the fuzz did not come back. I found this very useful on a song last night at practice.
So far it's a very interesting pedal. I hope to have more time to sit down with it this weekend and tool around with it more checking out some of the more extreme settings (the reason I actually bought it).
I am not a bass player.
bass_econo

committed
committed

Postby jrmy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:04 am

bass_econo wrote:Finally got one. This thing owns.

I had time to really get into the pedal last night. I found the perfect setting with just a little delay about twice the time of slapback that was perfect. I've found the pedal is very reactive to the volume and tone knobs(playing a strat). I'm able to just drop the volume ever so slightly removing almost all the fuzz and use it as a clean modulation-delay. The weird thing is how I was able to drive it with the hotcake and the volume rose but the fuzz did not come back. I found this very useful on a song last night at practice.
So far it's a very interesting pedal. I hope to have more time to sit down with it this weekend and tool around with it more checking out some of the more extreme settings (the reason I actually bought it).

Now that's interesting - I never thought about messing with the volume on my instrument to change up the fuzz ( :facepalm: ). I'm totally going to have to try that!
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby pothole » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:43 pm

bass_econo wrote:Finally got one. This thing owns..

It totally pwns. The pitch pirate and the clarinot are on my current board and won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I'd like to have my psych byke back too....
pothole

committed
committed

Postby Nychthemeron » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:09 am

pothole wrote:

It totally pwns. The pitch pirate and the clarinot are on my current board and won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I'd like to have my psych byke back too....

Sometimes I miss that little box of wonders... but at least I know that it sees a lot of good use over there!
Do you like listening to homemade music? Me too. Why don't you try one of mine?

Current ILF Love: OHNOHO CHK CHK BOOM, Mellowtone Melx Fuzz 2, EQD Dream Crusher, Devi Ever ID, Dr. Scientist Proto-Miniberator - new vids eventually

some mysteries are best unsolved
Nychthemeron

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby V_____ » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:48 am

Actually, I've found that, using the Clari, I can get a really good emulation of the famous Robert Fripp frippertronics tv demonstration video that's on youtube:

Since the TV clip has a little bit of tape warble to it, if you put the mix on full delay, put the sensitivity as high as possible and just dial in a little bit on the delay knob along with about 3 o'clock on the depth knob you can get a pretty decent emulation of that clip's overall guitar sound.
http://www.shoepedals.com
Check out Shoe Pedals on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shoe-Ped ... 7637461219 for Fuzz, Musical Discussions, and General Fun.
V_____

experienced
experienced

Postby doug deeper » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:55 am

i like to do:
blend full right
delay full left
depth full right
tracking somewhere between 10 and 2.
thats my fovorite tape warble setting, and the delay control in the setting becomes the depth, and everything is in pretty close to "real time".
:thumb:
Magick "i" Envelope Controlled Overdrive out now!
<(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)>
doug deeper

committed
committed

Postby futuresailors » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Nychthemeron wrote:
pothole wrote:

Sometimes I miss that little box of wonders... but at least I know that it sees a lot of good use over there!

Nychy I think I've got your old Clarinot...
Clarinot>Fuzz=awesome.
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to mid-fi electronics