The What? whats it worth???

Moderator: doug deeper

The What? whats it worth???

Postby magnus02 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:06 pm

This might be the wrong place/not totally appropriate topic?

Hopefully not...

I have a mid-fi what? and am pretty strapped for cash and considering selling it. Problem is, I know they're not in production and never will be due to either the chip being nonexistent or just too pricey (from what I heard, I could very well be wrong). Mine's also a custom one built into a pink wah casing that controls one of the knobs (I have no idea what these knobs technically do...).

Has anyone seen one of these sell used before? What were they new? Any help? I'm not trying to rip people off if I sell it but I don't want to get screwed because I don't know what it's worth...

If this seems like spam or anything I'll take it down. NOT A FOR SALE THREAD!!! I HAVE NOT DECIDED TO DO ANYTHING WITH IT!!!!

Mostly just looking to see if anyone has seen one sold in the past year or so and what it went for...
magnus02

committed
committed

Re: The What? whats it worth???

Postby Lintybits » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:45 pm

I got mine on ebay for $185 I think, ended up selling it there 2 yrs ago for $200 (it funded Xmas that year but I never should have fucking done that :cry: )

haven't seen one since, asked Doug at one point & think he said there were 30 or so made.

You have any pics of yours? If I had spare cash I'd make you an offer, would love to have one again.
Lintybits

experienced
experienced

Re: The What? whats it worth???

Postby doug deeper » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:49 am

The one you have was built for Trivikrama Dasa from the band hardcore band 108.
The normal What? went for $225.
I also haven't made on in a very long time!
The guess I made of 30 feels a little more like 15 the more I think about it! :lol:
Magick "i" Envelope Controlled Overdrive out now!
<(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)> <(o)>
doug deeper

committed
committed

Return to mid-fi electronics