· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Special effects. <fuzzhugger.com> <FB> <Tw> <IG>
Post a reply

Super-limited Sonic Shroom Psiloscillator!

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:29 pm

Every now and then I get a crazy custom order where I have some leeway to build what I want...this is one of those times. I'm so pleased with this design, I decided to build a couple extra.
#1 is gone.

#2 and #3 Sonic Shroom Psiloscillator are in stock now!
http://fuzzhugger.com/stock.html

So what's going on here?
The Sonic Shroom Psiloscillator is always in oscillating mode. On top of that oscillation, you've got the Blip knob, which blends random computery blips into the oscillation circuit. Wicked...and weird.

As with the Sonic Shroom, you can play over the oscillation, and when you stop playing--or mid-sustain on a long-held note--the oscillation pushes right back in. So it's got a pretty great fuzz tone, but every non-musical space is fulled with insane, runaway self-oscillation.

It has the Sonic Shroom's Oscillation and Bloom/Fuzz knobs, plus a Trip toggle to alter voice and oscillation pitch, and a Flip toggle which switches diode, headroom, and oscillation character. This all makes more sense in your hands. I mean, if you love noise. If the Sonic Shroom wasn't for the faint of heart, the Sonic Shroom Psiloscillator isn't for anyone but the most hardened oscillation and noise obsessed. I don't plan on building more than 10-20. That said, it's a pretty fucking sweet fuzzy noise machine.

Re: Super-limited Sonic Shroom Psiloscillator!

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Somebody page Eivind!

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:57 pm

:thumb:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:09 am

How similar is this to the thujone?

Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:42 am

Pete wrote:Somebody page Eivind!

Oh, I am already here. :zen:

I do have the Thujone, guessing this is basically the same thing? Still kinda want one, though. :snax:

Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Yes, the AB-Synth Thujone Extract is the predecessor to the Sonic Shroom Psiloscillator.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:55 pm

FuzzHugger wrote:Yes, the AB-Synth Thujone Extract is the predecessor to the Sonic Shroom Psiloscillator.

Thanks, you might have just saved me some dollars. Unless this is the work of my Satan of Secret, in which case, I am eternally happy. Or something. :zen:

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:40 am

If this be here after ILFSS i may have to raid the bank account.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:37 am

FuzzHugger wrote:Yes, the AB-Synth Thujone Extract is the predecessor to the Sonic Shroom Psiloscillator.

Oh man, Tom, why ya gotta do this to me...
Post a reply