Chaka Tom (New Fuzzhugger Custom Content)

Moderator: FuzzHugger

Chaka Tom (New Fuzzhugger Custom Content)

Postby Dandolin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:15 am

Being an ode to the Fuzzmasta of Fuzzioga County, Fuzzsylvania

Chaka, Chaka, Chaka, Chaka Tom
Chaka Tom, Chaka Tom, Chaka Tom
Chaka Tom, let me rock you
Let me rock you, Chaka Tom
Let me rock you, that's all I wanna do
Chaka Tom, let me rock you
Let me rock you, Chaka Tom
Let me rock you, let me feel for you
Chaka Tom, let me tell you what I wanna do
Do you feel for me, the way I feel for you
Chaka Tom let me tell you what I wanna do
I wanna love you, wanna hug you, wanna squeeze you too
Let me take you in my arms
Let me fill you with my charms, Chaka
'cause you know that I'm the one to keep you warm
Chaka, I'll make you more than just a physical dream
I wanna rock you, Chaka
Baby, cause you make me wanna scream
Let me rock you, rock you

Goooooooo Tooommmmm!

:joy: :omg: :!!!: :omg: :joy:

OK. I know that got a little icky, but it's really hard to cut down on a Grandmaster Melle Mel joint! You try it.

And Tom deserves our love and support, you know? I mean, he works *hard* for the money yinz.

All right, that wasn't s'posed to come out that way.

Erm.

OK. I'm just gonna stop.

:joy:

Tom

Woot woot!
Last edited by Dandolin on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Chaka Tom

Postby goroth » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:50 am

I'm not sure what this is but I wholeheartedly support it. :thumb:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Dandolin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:59 am

:lol: :D

I'm not sure I have any better idea, but if it results in a twisted custom finish of an astronaut Grandmaster Melle Mel floating high above a stage on the surface of Mars raptoasting his twin Muses Chaka Khan and Chaka Tom Dalton as they perform a fuzzed out reversion of "I Feel For You," it will be well worth any personal humiliation.
Last edited by Dandolin on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:53 am

There's a thing in my memory
Hoilding on for dear life
With a feeling of secrets
Beating up under my flesh
My tongue is tied
I'm sleeping nights awake
Tom Dalton is a dream
Coming out of a girl
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Dandolin » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:06 am

I'm Thurston Moore and I approve this message.

Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:26 pm

BOOM Chakalaka!
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:31 pm

I was kinda hoping this was gonna be a Land of the Lost thread.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Well, it could be; let's just see where things head....
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Chaka Tom (New Custom Fuzzhugger content)

Postby Dandolin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:52 pm

OK--Tom is swamped, and I don't want to steal his thunder by posting in the customs thread, but he has sent me something mind-bogglingly, universe-swallowlingly amazing, and I must testify.

I've been a lucky boy this year, enjoying masterful, wild and lateral-thinking-genius creations from C Rochambeau, Skeleton Prince/Eighty Tape, Montreal Assembly, Dwarfcraft, and many others, but this is a truly fitting capper to a fantastic year.

Please note, my current camera phone is an embarrassment to cameras and phones alike, on a Conchord Flight level, so hopefully this will not be the only record of how this looks--it does it no justice.

This is just because no pics, no exist:

I'm going to include a pic of Tom's final proof of concept, so you can better appreciate what he hath wrought without the eyepain from my horrid photography:

The differences are mostly attributable to my photofail, but it is apparent that Tom either adjusted the image somewhat or the quality of the image was altered by the process of finishing--and whotta finish it is--Tom went whole hog and encased the finish in beautifully clear thick acrylic resin faceplate that acts as eternal protective barrier and lens--the combination of the acrylic and what looks like some metallic paint effects gives the real deal an impossibly deep effect. In any case--the Blakean underpinnings of the pedal art's backstory are completely realized in person.

So, what is, you ask?

Well, on your left is Tom's Ant Hill Overdrive, a highly evolved and personalized overdrive with its feet in ye olde Muffe Fuzze circuit and its head in the clouds. On the right is the mighty, world-paving Frequency Fucker! :joy: :omg: :!!!: :omg: :joy: :success:

:ilfreak:

:wizard:

Yes, I is a greedy gullets. Originally, I meekly inquired about the Ant Hill, because I wanted lofi fuzzy overdrive everywhere, but emboldened by Tom's humoring of my conceptual insanities/inanities/intensities-in-ten-cities, I conceived of a custom with an Ant Hill and a Magic Meter and fully flexible routing--an insane megalomaniac hive of space-warrior ants eating all the fuzzy magic in the universe, one planet a time. But when the true nuttiness of that plan was considered (along with some potential functional overlap), and the rumours of a dreaded Frequency Fucker surfaced, I changed courses, and Tom being the accommodating Fuzz God he is, agreed, and so this thing was born, slouching towards Bethlehem...Pennsylvania.

I know he has kicked his own ass building this pedal, and the results are fantastic. The FrFu alone is enough to warp orbits, and the Ant Hill is so far beyond my initial expectations I was at first delightedly flummoxed. But, beyond that, beyond expectations, beyond the limits of the physical laws that govern our universe, Tom made them truly stackable, in both directions. The level control on the FF provides a boost by itself that massively and organically extends the gain range in the Ant Hill, while the wilder parasitic and ring-mod-esque tones provided by the X2 and X3 functions are beautifully smoothed by the Ant Hill's gain structure or turbo-charged into full insanity by the starve (Crumb) function on board the Ant Hill. The Ant Hill's tone control (Bite) is the voice of reason--it does not provide vast cosmic synth filter sweeps, but rather always-musical sculpting of the highs. The Magnify knob seems to sweep between two clipping ranges (more clipping, more compressed, lower output on one end, and less clipping, more dynamic, higher output on the other, with a range of mixing of those extremes and little-to-no clipping in the center). Trans seems to adjust the amount of bass frequencies moving through the circuit, greatly impacting bass, clipping and volume levels as it is adjusted. Input gain control was designed into the circuit, but foregone on the build for sanity's sake--reducing input gain from the guitar results in a wide range of clipping colors evenly distributed along the guitar volume control--set to the highest available gain/clipping levels, I could always roll back to clean--though the roll back is unlike the classic fuzzface type--reduction of clipping is gradual rather than sudden, but it is attainable and without creating undesirable drops in output volume or excessive gating.

The overall effect of the Ant Hill is open, dynamic--in most settings the character of the guitar shines through almost as if the clean signal was always retained in the mix by parallel processing (which I don't think is actually the case). However, the crumb/starve knob has a huge range. At lower input gain levels, the range is actually fairly small before you hit complete signal death, but this is another exemplar of intelligent design, as when you flood the circuit with high input gain, the rest of the knob comes into play. All in all, the full range of over-gain and under-powering effects are attainable--gating, velcro, crumbling up to and including infinite sustain, paradoxic fade and swell effects and a wide range of trumpet, sax, synth and kazoo sounds.

And all this is attainable with the X2 and X3 switches off and the X3 clip and gain at minimum--from there the furthest reaches of dystopian subjugation are attainable with a flick and a twist. X2? Well it's like this Upper thing, man...you know, for kids. And X3? This is the frequency tripler from the Magic Meter remixed, revisioned and supercharged--just my all time favorite implementation of frequency multiplication, that's all.

All together?

Chaaaaaka Tooooom I love it man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch the Magivore's sides--he is a transglobal stepping razor. And taller than all my other pedals--1590x rool!!!!

Ok, that all.
Last edited by Dandolin on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:09 pm

Dandolin wrote:
Please note, my current camera phone is an embarrassment to cameras and phones alike, on a Conchord Flight level, so hopefully this will not be the only record of how this looks--it does it no justice.

This is just because no pics, no exist:

Oh, my, you fits a lots o' words into that post. :whoa:

… and you've got a camera & a phone taped together? :snax:

What do it sound likes?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: Chaka Tom (New Fuzzhugger Custom Content)

Postby Dandolin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:41 pm

Now with more free words!

And, trusts me, you don't wants to know, haha....
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blakestree » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Oh, sweet baby Jesus!
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Dandolin wrote: Blakean

scary
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:12 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Dandolin wrote: Blakean

scary

I'll let Keeley be the judge of that.
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:43 pm

Totally amazing, Dandolin! And good work Tom!

Thing sounds freaking awesome!

Dang, good work all around.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to FuzzHugger Effects