· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Special effects. <fuzzhugger.com> <FB> <Tw> <IG>
Post a reply

Re: Algal Bloom V2 is here!

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:06 pm

I have a standard V1. Can you set the V2 for a nice overdrive, and then flip some switches to get some crazy? Or do you need more gain dialled in for the fun to begin?

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:22 pm

The filter toggle with add or subtract frequencies at least giving the impression of being more or less crazy. The choke toggle will kill your signal unless the gain and bloom knobs are dimed or close to dimed (depending on your PU output). So tweaking will still get you there faster and more effectively.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:23 am

(thumb)

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:36 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:Look at this little baby V2!

That layout with the graphic is fantastic.
https://reverb.com/item/2454325-fuzzhug ... nted-jacks

Any know what the control layout on this model is? The metal flower version kinda turned up on my doorstep and I've gotta dream about jamming on it until I get home...

Ps. :hug: UC!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:56 am

goroth wrote:... The metal flower version kinda turned up on my doorstep...

Lucky! :!!!:

That one's one of the nicest lookin' ones ever. :love:

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:54 pm

Hawtness all around... I need to unbox my Huggers and get back to some Metaphysic Sound Ascension...

Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:29 am

sonidero wrote:Hawtness all around... I need to unbox my Huggers and get back to some Metaphysic Sound Ascension...

Yeah!!!

Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

I just listed my Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom V2 XS on Reverb
it is about the size of a MXR pedal.
Great Fuzz, but it is a new year and it is time to let someone else experience it.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Mine just arrived. I've been playing it with my SG, I need to give it a go with the Strat. But so far, so awesome! :yay:

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:08 pm

I can't get enough of this pedal, this is now officially my favorite fuzz. HAB mode is phenomenal. The touch sensitivity is insane, and somehow it manages to cut like a laser beam and still be warm and singing. Totally :love:

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:45 pm

When conducting experiments to determine if Velcro-Bot-style textures were possible, I stumbled upon a setting earlier today that produces slight lower octave doubling reminiscent of more subtle J. Rockett WTF weirdness. No Velcro Bot screeches occurred, but the Algal Bloom V2 is still produces enough useful tones to be in my top 3 fuzzes of all time.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:34 am

What was the setting?

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:18 pm

jonne wrote:What was the setting?

This is relevant to my interests.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:52 am

goroth wrote:
jonne wrote:What was the setting?

This is relevant to my interests.

I'm guessing Choke mode, Bloom cranked...? With those settings, it's not "choked" but a throaty excited gain boner.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:12 pm

I'm thinking the non-isolated power supply in use during my last post may have been a factor, as I've been unable to stumble upon an identical texture with a One Spot CS7. Still, the voice and choke switches being in the down position along with power around 11:00 and moderate bloom and gain seems to be part of the magical combination (with humbuckers).
Post a reply