Ant Hill Overdrive / Frequency Fucker / pedals-in-limbo



Moderator: FuzzHugger

Ant Hill Overdrive / Frequency Fucker / pedals-in-limbo

Postby FuzzHugger » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:29 pm

If you guys could see the number of pedals I design and never find the time to make. Sometime I'll post a dozen or so of them. :)

For now, here's a couple pedals that made it further than others, but you still can not has. :hug:

The Frequency Fucker prototype!
This should have come out in 2013, but many things conspired against that and continued to through 2014.
It does frequency multiplication and general signal fuckery.
ff.jpg
ff.jpg (381.84 KiB) Viewed 3893 times


Here's something I shared on Facebook last week. I built this only for myself, expanding on my favorite late 60s dirt circuit. :cool: I actually do have the PCBs to build 3 more, but I don't expect it to go into production. Way too many other fish in the deep fryer.
ant-hill-n1m.jpg
ant-hill-n1m.jpg (188.56 KiB) Viewed 3893 times
FuzzHugger

User avatar
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 6115
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Ant Hill Overdrive / Frequency Fucker / pedals-in-limbo

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:09 pm

#VaporHugger

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 40793
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: Ant Hill Overdrive / Frequency Fucker / pedals-in-limbo

Postby sylnau » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:45 pm

Frequency Fucker :love:

Want!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10393
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:38 pm
Location: Quebec City

Re: Ant Hill Overdrive / Frequency Fucker / pedals-in-limbo

Postby goroth » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:02 am

sylnau wrote:Frequency Fucker :love:

Want!

I also may have reserved an Ant Hill for a custom thinger...
:yay:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 13325
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Ant Hill Overdrive / Frequency Fucker / pedals-in-limbo

Postby jrmy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:40 pm

goroth wrote:
sylnau wrote:Frequency Fucker :love:

Want!

I also may have reserved an Ant Hill for a custom thinger...
:yay:


:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I'm hoping to hear Ant Hill clips.

And dat FreqFucker! If nothing else, I gots ta know more! What does it do? Why was it shelved?
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10621
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:09 am

Re: Ant Hill Overdrive / Frequency Fucker / pedals-in-limbo

Postby FuzzHugger » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:54 pm

jrmy wrote:I'm hoping to hear Ant Hill clips.

And dat FreqFucker! If nothing else, I gots ta know more! What does it do? Why was it shelved?


Will attempt clips.

The Frequency Fucker does frequency multiplication and sounds like a guitar being dropped off the top of the Empire State building.

It was shelved due to:
- Anxiety over the name.
- Inability to come up with the right graphic.
- Some mistakes in the PCB layout.
- Due to mislabeled pins on the layout, the graphic was designed control labels that were flipped.
- Later, after some value revisions, I attempted to build production proto #2, forgot about the mislabeled pins / flipped graphic (so the pots were all "wired" backwards).
- And that's not all!

:lol: :facepalm:
So basically, frustration and distraction.
FuzzHugger

User avatar
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 6115
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Ant Hill Overdrive / Frequency Fucker / pedals-in-limbo

Postby goroth » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:33 pm

Is it like the frequency multiplier in the Magic Meter?

Whatever it is its gas inducing.

Which also reminds me I need to save up and snag magic meter somehow. So much fuzz, such an inadequate bank account...

Me: Manager, can I have a raise?
My manager: um, this was unexpected. What have you done to merit this?
Me: well there was that thing with the productivity, and then there was that Dalton thing...
My manager: ok... I don't really follow you, but what are your KPIs like?
Me: well, I tried to connect the printer to an Algal Bloom?
Manager: you did what?
Me: moar oscillations?

... awkward pause...

Manager: Ah... I'm going to have to get you to move your desk into the storage room.
Me: :no:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 13325
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Ant Hill Overdrive / Frequency Fucker / pedals-in-limbo

Postby Jero » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Paging Mr Dalton. More Ant Hill info needed.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11122
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:12 am
Location: here

Re: Ant Hill Overdrive / Frequency Fucker / pedals-in-limbo

Postby CyaNitrate » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Tom Dalton wrote:
The Frequency Fucker does frequency multiplication and sounds like a guitar being dropped off the top of the Empire State building.

It was shelved due to:
- Anxiety over the name.
- Inability to come up with the right graphic.
- Some mistakes in the PCB layout.
- Due to mislabeled pins on the layout, the graphic was designed control labels that were flipped.
- Later, after some value revisions, I attempted to build production proto #2, forgot about the mislabeled pins / flipped graphic (so the pots were all "wired" backwards).
- And that's not all!

:lol: :facepalm:
So basically, frustration and distraction.


Based on how sought after and recommended the sm/bs Fuck OD is, I don't think the name would be an issue, not in this community anyhow. Granted, I also understand the want to keep the company PG/family friendly.
jwar wrote:BRO! There is only one order! Bass>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>overdriven amp. :)

goroth wrote:Come up here and fuzz party. Yes. Fuzz party. It is a legit verb.
CyaNitrate

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 882
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:24 pm
Location: The Desert

Re: Ant Hill Overdrive / Frequency Fucker / pedals-in-limbo

Postby KaosCill8r » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:21 am

Jero wrote:Paging Mr Dalton. More Ant Hill info needed.

Yeeessss! What is this late 60s overdrive you speak of? I'm on a vintage overdrive kick at the moment. I just finished building a Colorsound Overdriver clone. Next cab off the rank is a Univox Unidrive clone with correct NOS transistors.
KaosCill8r

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:01 pm


Return to FuzzHugger Effects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)



ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.