MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet



Moderator: FuzzHugger

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby FuzzHugger » Sun May 20, 2012 10:52 am

Almonds wrote:crappy demo time!



Hey, that's not crappy! :thumb: :thumb: THANKS!!!!
FuzzHugger

User avatar
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 6055
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby julius_deane » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:07 am

Am I missing something? Is this still the only video/demo/sound sample for the final model? And people are buying/selling it? Send me one; I'll do a few HQ demos and mail it back. :D
ILFinsta: grrnoise /// #sockgaze founding member
julius_deane

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:27 pm
Location: Saint Louis

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby JuJo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:15 pm

just got mine!

algal bloom x velcroar = Lab Ratchet = :animal:
dying battery + bit crusher

or so I say.

plus mine looks like :drool:

well worth he price of admission :yay:
JuJo

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: London, Ontario

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby Jero » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Almonds wrote:crappy demo time!

This demo solidified the fact that I need a lab ratchet, hell yeas.
Jero

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10064
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:12 am
Location: here

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby FuzzHugger » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:21 pm

JuJo wrote:just got mine!

algal bloom x velcroar = Lab Ratchet = :animal:
dying battery + bit crusher

or so I say.

:yay:



:joy: That's a great way of describing it!

Like a weird parallel-universe cousin of the Algal Bloom (gainier and smoother?) with a more bit-crushy parallel-universe cousin of the Velcroar.
FuzzHugger

User avatar
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 6055
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby goroth » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:26 am

MOAR DEMOZ!
D.o.S. wrote:Slow down there Hall & Nopes that's a lot of melons for a meatbox.

Debut album droppedJan 5. Fuck yeah. http://open.spotify.com/album/0vXjnDeyPNfeXWNvQRYP1H
My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 11531
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby FuzzHugger » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:13 am

greigoroth wrote:MOAR DEMOZ!


Yes! As soon as I can! It's tough finding time away from building to actually demo, but I'm working on it!
FuzzHugger

User avatar
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 6055
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby goroth » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:24 am

Tom Dalton wrote:
greigoroth wrote:MOAR DEMOZ!


Yes! As soon as I can! It's tough finding time away from building to actually demo, but I'm working on it!

Moar cloning of Daltonz!
D.o.S. wrote:Slow down there Hall & Nopes that's a lot of melons for a meatbox.

Debut album droppedJan 5. Fuck yeah. http://open.spotify.com/album/0vXjnDeyPNfeXWNvQRYP1H
My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 11531
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby insubordination » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:45 pm

What are the primary differences between this and the Arc Flash? Kind of torn between these two.
Good deals on ILF: too many to list, just ask!

http://difficult.band
http://missingskull.bandcamp.com
insubordination

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby Almonds » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:28 pm

My two cents:

Lab Ratchet: a ton of sustain and can become gated when you turn the ratchet knob ccw. probably better for solos and lead stuff

Arc Flash: adds a nice layer of dirt on the lower setting, and seriously sounds like electricity shooting from the amp on the higher setting. my favorite thing to do is put a boost in front of it and leave it on the lower setting, then when you hit the boost it sounds like explosions within explosions.
When you're ready to come back down
I'll be waiting here
All your friends will be around
I promise I'll wait forever
Almonds

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Crystal Lake, IL

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby insubordination » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Almonds wrote:My two cents:

Lab Ratchet: a ton of sustain and can become gated when you turn the ratchet knob ccw. probably better for solos and lead stuff

Arc Flash: adds a nice layer of dirt on the lower setting, and seriously sounds like electricity shooting from the amp on the higher setting. my favorite thing to do is put a boost in front of it and leave it on the lower setting, then when you hit the boost it sounds like explosions within explosions.


An excellent summary! Thank you very much.
Good deals on ILF: too many to list, just ask!

http://difficult.band
http://missingskull.bandcamp.com
insubordination

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby Wes Mantooth » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Nice demo Almonds :thumb:

I emailed Tom today about maybe getting a custom Ratchet
Wes Mantooth

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:19 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby FuzzHugger » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:48 am

Jero wrote:
Almonds wrote:crappy demo time!

This demo solidified the fact that I need a lab ratchet, hell yeas.


Just listened to this demo again! MAN! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
FuzzHugger

User avatar
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 6055
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby Almonds » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:09 pm

I could do one with a microphone...
When you're ready to come back down
I'll be waiting here
All your friends will be around
I promise I'll wait forever
Almonds

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Crystal Lake, IL

Re: MAY DAY - Lab Ratchet

Postby JuJo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:00 pm

had been waiting for some gear for better recordings, but since the man wants demos...

JuJo

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: London, Ontario

PreviousNext

Return to FuzzHugger Effects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.