:joy:

At Prymaxe Vintage!

ImageImageImage

Re: Pedal Announcement! >>> The FuzzHugger Magic Meter

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:12 am

Such a beAutiful pedal!!

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:10 am

A custom-ordered Magic Meter that was just delivered today!

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Just landed!
http://www.prymaxevintage.com/fuzzhugger-magic-meter-overdrive/

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:52 am

I really want a bass demo of this.

so hawt.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:45 am

MaxMaps wrote:I really want a bass demo of this.

so hawt.

I should of done one when I had the chance. It takes a little dialing in, but there are some sweet bass tones in there for sure!! You can get some really nice sustain! :love:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:18 am

Tigerbass wrote:

so hawt.

I should of done one when I had the chance. It takes a little dialing in, but there are some sweet bass tones in there for sure!! You can get some really nice sustain! :love:

How's the Frequency Multiplier on Bass?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Scruffie wrote:
Tigerbass wrote:

so hawt.

How's the Frequency Multiplier on Bass?

Different! :lol:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:11 am

ooooooooo. too bad that too many knobbiest intimidates me

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Anybody else tried the Magic Meter?
It look super awesome. :!!!:

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:30 pm

sylnau wrote:Anybody else tried the Magic Meter?

Nope......

......well not yet ;)

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Get 15% off a Magic Meter at Prymaxe, through July 5th!

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:41 pm

sylnau wrote:Anybody else tried the Magic Meter?

It is. I got the fancy painted one up there. Which is even superer awesome. :joy:

It makes a really sweet overdrive, from clean boost on up to fuzz territory. If you set your dials right you can get some of that sweet sputtery action that I've come to love from Fuzzhugger pedals. Proper use of the 2 clipping knobs can bring a nice almost clean blend sound to it, and because you have so much control over gain and clipping you can dial in all sorts of varieties of dirt from really tight and compressed to wide open, hairy goodness (my favorite).Or some serious gritty dirt. Max fuzz that I get is in the range of a maxxed out Algal Bloom so it's pretty well covered, but not overblown, throw a boost in front of it and it can get pretty fuzzy :D

The real beauty is with stacking it though. I'm not sure exactly what's happening, but when you step on it, it always seems to bring definition and note separation to your tone. But yet the tone doesn't seem coloured, just more defined. I've put it before pretty much every fuzz I have by now, and I find it always brings the note definition out and adds some cutting awesomeness to even the most washed out fuzzes I have.Also sweet tone controls that can help alot whether you put it before or after another fuzz, plenty of room for adjustment.

Frequency Multipler= wth?. A pretty cool effect, best before another fuzz I find, I'm still trying to get it dialed exactly where I want it, but adds some cool lazer-beamy sounds, or fighting robots or wacky clangs and such. was using the octave down synthy sound on the AB-Synth with the frequency multiplier on and came out with a really gritty, grinding, mid heavy bass sound. Not sure how it worked, but it really sounded good.

Long story short, I highly recommend it, it stands really well on its own as the all in one drive device that can replace most any fuzz/overdrive in a pinch and will likely find you a new sound you never knew you wanted. If you own multiple fuzzes (which I'm assuming you do if you hang out here :) ) then it can really open up some new sounds in the fuzzes you already have.

-I'm looking for some odds and ends to start doing some demos, hopefully I will be able to put one up for this bad boy soon,

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks JuJo... I'm torn between the Magic Meter and a fuzz face type of fuzz for my next purchase.
Your description really help. :thumb:

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:30 pm

:whoa: :erm: Got a little caried away there...
Post a reply