behold the arrow

Moderator: autopilot

Re: behold the arrow (now with video)

Postby autopilot » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:41 pm

futuresailors - That's the plan have something workable with the instruments, not as mainly soundgenerator, i still working on the mixing stage so the white noise and instrument interact with each other. The main drawback right know is that it sounds like the signal and whitenoise are there but are in separate paths.

veteransday... - i originally was shooting to have a retail price of $145-160, but it wasnt as straightforward development as i expected but the plan is to have it in that range.

I spent more time with it yesterday in hope to finish it in feb as i had forecast but i'm still working on it, and it will come as it proper time and hopefully it will satisfy some of your expectations :)*
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: behold the arrow

Postby autopilot » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:41 pm

some quick video of the arrow

autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:10 pm

autopilot wrote:futuresailors - That's the plan have something workable with the instruments, not as mainly soundgenerator, i still working on the mixing stage so the white noise and instrument interact with each other. The main drawback right know is that it sounds like the signal and whitenoise are there but are in separate paths.

veteransday... - i originally was shooting to have a retail price of $145-160, but it wasnt as straightforward development as i expected but the plan is to have it in that range.

I spent more time with it yesterday in hope to finish it in feb as i had forecast but i'm still working on it, and it will come as it proper time and hopefully it will satisfy some of your expectations :)*

You know what would be cool? If in the mixing together of the main signal and the noise, you implemented it with some sort of ducking, so that when you hit a note, the noise ducks away, and then swells up as the note decays. It would sound like waves of noise washing in after each note. I think that would sound badass.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby awesome » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:05 am

bigchiefbc wrote:You know what would be cool? If in the mixing together of the main signal and the noise, you implemented it with some sort of ducking, so that when you hit a note, the noise ducks away, and then swells up as the note decays. It would sound like waves of noise washing in after each note. I think that would sound badass.

YES. i second this idea.
ILF i own: Devi Ever SM
awesome

interested
interested

Postby veteransdaypoppy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:57 am

I dig yer white noise. :hug:
well i guess, but i just don't know.

dollys
veteransdaypoppy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby autopilot » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:21 pm

the ducking sounds like an awesome idea, but at this point i dont know if i may pursue it. I'm going to add to the actual arrow a triggering section so you can trigger via an input/instrument and a toggle to select to select trigger or standalone sound generator.
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:27 pm

autopilot wrote:the ducking sounds like an awesome idea, but at this point i dont know if i may pursue it. I'm going to add to the actual arrow a triggering section so you can trigger via an input/instrument and a toggle to select to select trigger or standalone sound generator.

OK fair enough. Do you mind if I put that idea away for my own then some day? :poke: ;)
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:30 pm

bigchiefbc - if you mean no instrument signal -> white noise, then signal -> signal out, and as the note fades, the white noise coming in, yep is doable like that as custom request, even i thought that if i can set the freq knob via cv control, it could open to lots of sonic mayhem and customization,like go back and forth from 2 white noise freq points directly proportional to the freq of the note, flip back and forth (the white noise and instrument) also directly proportional to the input, add a waveform to sweep the freq, so everytime you play the white noise freq is at a different point (imagine that coupled with a reverse delay and filter :love: )
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to Copilot fx