Copilot Fx Dubscope

Moderator: autopilot

Copilot Fx Dubscope

Postby autopilot » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:22 am

Here's a quick video of the prototype, the sequencer knobs need some fine tune (i'll be swapping with smaller values since the proper range is in 35% of the sweep of the actual value) and readjust the lfo (to reflect the changes).Also consider i'm not a bass player and it was with a guitar amp, it was a quick tease so i can have a bit of leverage and you dont think it is vaporware (i have like 2 years trying to do a dubstep inspired pedal. i didnt do much with the blend due my amp speaker was rattling and i used the cam mic.

The concept it was a simple pedal with lots of knobs to get the wob/wob, kinda an all in one for those who want some but arent interested in building a rig just to get those tones, so the dubscope is a gated fuzz (gate) + filter (vol, aux and range) + triangle lfo and 4 step sequencer (I, II, III and IV) and blend (adds over the fuzz tone the input signal), there's a bypass switch and tap switch (to tap tempo the rate of the sequencer). You can sorta bypass the modulation of the filter, lowering the range and increasing the aux, for a filtered fuzz tone, for versatility so you can use it on your pedalboard.

Well Adam 4 steps isnt gonna make it, because dubstep is about complexity and craziness, yeah it's true but more steps will be more complex to operate, more time consuming and EXPENSIVE, also bigger case, etc, but if you really need more we could talk, the same applies for more different waveforms.

Yeah but i have killer fuzz tone, yeah this is an introduction, i have plans to design a filter machine with lots of knobs for guys like you (but dont know how soon to be exact) so you can get more complex.

But wait i have also a killer filtered sound, the same applies there are plans for a sequencer machine to cv your filters (or other stuff) dreams (but it is in planning process, ie dont know how soon is now).

I'm still on the fence about adding some options (as custom option for extra price):
-CV sync (sync the sequencer with an external cv pulse, for those who loves to play like robots)
-exp jack for the rate of the lfo (plugging an exp pedal will disable the sequencer and control the rate manually)
-AM option for stutter weirdness (instead of modulate the filter it will cut you signal for stuttering craziness )
-add more steps to the sequencer
-manual scrolling, you step on the tap switch every time you want to move from one step to another
-resonance oscillation for the filter (to be modulated by the sequenced triangle lfo)
-Ultra crazy mode so you can be the king of crazy dubstep
-other

My take: is a fun effect, i dig the wobwob, also lowering the range (30-50%) get some sick detuning fx (i think there's an example on the prototype video) might not be your cup since i think like a guitar player. Really inspired me for a crazy/super idea, design a fade/blender modulate d instead of the wobwob, imagine fading in and out an fx loop to your clean signal with delays, ring mods, octave craziness

i'm not a dubstep expert (i learn it here what it is), so i guess

Disclaimer: English isnt my natural language, so incorrect use of verbs, grammar and times will be present, also i learned from grindcore and seinfeld :P, pardon my english (unwound reference for indie cred points, it is pardon my french ).
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Copilot Fx Dubscope

Postby univalve » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:54 am

Awesome! with CV in that would fit me quite good sir!
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:12 pm

This is, quite frankly, FUCKING AWESOME
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theactionindex » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:53 pm

That sounds fucking siiiiiick.
theactionindex

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:09 pm

sheeesh, pretty damn wild :eek: :thumb: :joy:
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Caesar » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:24 pm

Genius!
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, God said, "Let there be Lips!" And there were, and they were good, and the lips said...

http://soundcloud.com/gaiusrex
Caesar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrmy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:27 pm

HOLY SMOKES :whoa: :rock: :whoa: :rock: :joy: :omg: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

Adam, you have totally outdone yourself. I have no idea how much these pedals are going to go for, but I can tell you right now: IT WILL BE MINE!!!!!
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Haki » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Gotta love where this is going. :love:

autopilot wrote:-AM option for stutter weirdness (instead of modulate the filter it will cut you signal for stuttering craziness )
-Ultra crazy mode so you can be the king of crazy dubstep

You can't not include an Ultra crazy mode! :!!!:
Haki

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby SPACERITUAL » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:51 pm

This is why im hot.
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby steevdeadman » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:18 pm

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :snax: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:
"abandon all hope ye who crush that button..." :rock:

Jrmy: Exactly - "the fuzz is strong with that one."
steevdeadman

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby phantasmagorovich » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:08 pm

CVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVVCVCVCVCVCCVCVCVCVCVCVCCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCCVCVCVCVCVCVCCVCVCVCCVVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCVCV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sutarappa » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:52 pm

dubstep, who cares? this bitch is gonna dubrun. :joy:
There is a 500 character limit.
sutarappa

committed
committed

Postby Caesar » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:43 am

I'm in the "I have my own fuzz" group. But, that doesn't mean that I don't think this is a most awesome pedal!

At least you've given me enough warning to start saving up!
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, God said, "Let there be Lips!" And there were, and they were good, and the lips said...

Caesar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Caesar » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:53 am

Nonetheless, this is such a unique and wondrous machine!

Caesar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Big Mon » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:25 am

Quite simply,the most amazing thing I've heard in a long time <3
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Copilot fx