arrow airwaves preview (now with videos)

Moderator: autopilot

arrow airwaves preview (now with videos)

Postby autopilot » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:55 am

this a white noise generator, there are 2 modes one that your instrument triggers the white noise and the 2nd one mixes the instrument signal with the white noise, samples in a week or so (waiting for the decals to arrive)
Attachments
airwaves.jpg
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: arrow airwaves preview

Postby Bellyheart » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Uh oh!
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Toonster » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:04 am

Some people want no noise in their signal, some can't get enough noise, I guess :excellent:
Toonster

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Lintybits » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:00 am

oh fuck yeah :!!!:
Lintybits

experienced
experienced

Postby autopilot » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:03 pm

decals should be here tues/wed :yay:
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theactionindex » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 pm

Tis cool sounding. That just gave me a bunch of cool ideas on how to possibly use this thang in my setup. :!!!:
theactionindex

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Drum sampler :!!!: , guitar demo soon (having issues uploading)
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: arrow airwaves preview (now with videos)

Postby autopilot » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:12 am

guitar demo
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jrmy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:43 am

:wha?: :wha?: :wha?: :wha?: :wha?: :wha?: :wha?: :wha?: :wha?: :eek:

Whoa man. That is seriously CRAZY. I dig it on the drum machine, and the guitar demo is intriguing as well. There's some crazy possibilities in this beast. I'd love to hear it stacked with modulation (gyroscope, maybe?), or acting as the pedal that affects the signal of the Caracol. And does it have any CV functionality?
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:55 am

Oh yes, I actually think that sounds like one of those always on or at least mix-it-in-there pedals for my now project! :lol:
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby eatyourguitar » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:06 am

I like it but I dont know why this has an input? or why it has true bypass instead of momentary? and I would actually buy it if it had an expression pedal input to crossfade clean guitar into pure white noise. I just feel like if its for recording its not gonna replace how I would add white noise to a mix. thats super easy. if its for live, where is the momentary or expression. thats what I want if I'm on stage. like a momentary switch with a very very simple envelope (just attack). then I wouldn't need an expression pedal.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:27 pm

THe guitar demo made me come up with a related idea that I think would be fucking awesome. I might pick your brain about it at a later date, Adam :)
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:40 pm

I'm guessing switch down is gated?
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Ok, there are 2 modes (toggle)

UP: it is basically a white noise (arrow) being activated by the instrument signal (not ultra fast decay), it has a volume control.

Down: it's instrument mixed together with the white noise, the result is some sort of lo-fi distortion sound, it has a independent vol control, the unlabeled knob kinda works as intensity/mix/gain control. The sound is like if your guitar is being broadcasted after a war, and the transmission radio is broken, so it's intermitent, has noise intermission being mixed and all the ya-da-da-das. To me sound like very layered shoegazer tones, (like multiple layers of fuzz, distortion, amp drive, cheap acoustic ran through a fuzz box and then a boombox being mastered with a half blown headphones)

The freq knob is common for both modes.

JRMY _ Nope no CV control on this one, it can be added but it will need extra circuitry, so no soup for you. And running a wah/filter/phaser after it will give similar results. I tried with the caracol in up mode sounds like violet thunders were yelling at me and where very upset in down was more octave-ish gonky and not so upset.

eatyourguitar - interesting points. The reason i did it that way, was in response of request from people. A momentary switch could be handy if you want to add briefs passages of sonic mayhem. Perhaps i could add the option to select from those 2 normal bypass or momentary. But also i think who is going to get one has ahuge pedalboard and will combine with other pedals so the chance of tap dancing will be there, so if it's momentary it could be a issue for those.

I really like putting it before a volume pedal with reverse delay and creating sonic swooshes and the sound of waves crashing in rain storm and then adding a filter (in this case gyroscope) for hurricanes tones.

bigchief i have a bass video that i will upload tonight for you

bellyheart - the pedal is gated in the sense when you arent playing there's no white noise sound. But the decay is not super fast, it takes a prox 1-3 seconds after your last note and if you let the notes ring will decay and then will add some techno glitches , i guess the airwaves likes to party like its y2k, but if you mute your strings then it wont party with the techno glitches.

Any info please let me know, i really enjoy your input, feedback, love, critics and techno dance moves. BTW here's almost a year of this development viewtopic.php?f=140&t=8389 behind the scenes and me being excited to find out the pedal will kick my butt for almost a whole travel around the sun.
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to Copilot fx