· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals made by your ol' pal aen <dwarfcraftdevices.com>
Post a reply

Re: Ghost Fax Phase Computer

Fri May 04, 2018 3:07 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Any chance of a clip from anyone with the ghost fax swept by an expression pedal so it sounds like a wah? One of my favourite things to do with manual phaser

I'll certainly try to fold that into the next video!

Fri May 04, 2018 3:56 pm

You the man

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:17 pm

So I got one! Having most fun with it with modular so far. It does not like modular CV though. Learned that through a scary 5 seconds thinking I'd killed it. :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:10 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:So I got one! Having most fun with it with modular so far. It does not like modular CV though. Learned that through a scary 5 seconds thinking I'd killed it. :lol:

Dude. Most of that circuit is running on 3.3v
You could have nearly quadrupled it's voltage.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:11 pm

:excellent:

It survived fine so all is well. :facepalm:

Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:29 pm

Y'all gotta stop testing things on your pedals without reaching out for answers first. You guys are gonna blow some shit up. lol.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:24 am

I have never claimed to be a clever person... :picard:

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Where's Knobs?

Gettin' some pretty sounds here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHV_YR-PuSQ

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:50 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TFEQ-3 ... M_EYO/view

Definitely more of a synth pedal for me. With microkorg, tafm and a disater transport.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:18 pm

Ghost fax doesn't make a sonic appearance, but you can see it on Mike Sullivan's pedalboard throughout this video, which is hecka interesting to me as he normally uses very little or no modulation. Eau Claire Thunder gets some quality screen time, but that's not surprising because it's one of the best fuzzes out there!

Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:34 pm

hahaha, we gave the band that Gfax the night before. I guess Mike liked it!

Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:02 pm

aen wrote:hahaha, we gave the band that Gfax the night before. I guess Mike liked it!

Apparently! Maybe he's just testing it out, but it bumped off the phase 90 that he's had on there for years.

Not ghost fax related, but I'd love to see a run of Eau Claire Thunders in the size of the one Brian had, eaverything in the ECT without the feedback thingy. Just two footswitches, bypass and tone blast. Like a medium thunder, in between the baby and the big boy. :drool:

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Isn't that what the Reese Lightning kinda is? Or have I got it all wrong?

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:55 pm

Well, the Reese Lightning started as a NYC Big Muff with ECT mods, but that isn't really where it ended up.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:28 pm

So, what's some favorite settings here?? I've been messing with this baby everyday and it's insane. I'm really digging on the envelope up mode I had it plugged into my CT5 last night and it sounds crazy good. It shines well with a fuzz obviously as well. The Nebula and Duality plus Ghost Fax equals bones crushed. lol. I'm using it to lay down some really heavy bass lines.

What are you guys doing with it?
Post a reply