Happiness?

Moderators: aens_wife, aen

Re: Happiness?

Postby D-Rainger » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:44 am

That is one sweet-sounding filter, Ben!!!
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby baremountain » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:48 am

So over the weekend I built up a little prototype CV amplifier.
I got it to boost 0-5V (output from my 8-step Program) to 0-12V. Working on trying to figure out how to make it go from -12V - 12V currently. When I get it done, I think it'll be a fantastic addition to the Happiness, as I'll be able to step sequence the filter.
If any of you other Happiness users think this might be something you could use, let me know. The only caveat is it's probably going to require 24V power, until I figure out how to convert from 9V to 12V bipolar like these lil' boxes do.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:01 pm

baremountain wrote:So over the weekend I built up a little prototype CV amplifier.
I got it to boost 0-5V (output from my 8-step Program) to 0-12V. Working on trying to figure out how to make it go from -12V - 12V currently. When I get it done, I think it'll be a fantastic addition to the Happiness, as I'll be able to step sequence the filter.
If any of you other Happiness users think this might be something you could use, let me know. The only caveat is it's probably going to require 24V power, until I figure out how to convert from 9V to 12V bipolar like these lil' boxes do.

That is amazing. We would love to know more about this project, so if you are up for it, email us : )

Second, we have bipolar power supplies inside these pedals that handle the power conversion. They are expensive, but we could send you one or two to fuck around with.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:41 pm

As an owner of an 8 step with a happiness pedal on its way to me this also speaks to my interests! Keep us updated!
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:01 am

aens_wife wrote:
baremountain wrote:So over the weekend I built up a little prototype CV amplifier.

That is amazing. We would love to know more about this project, so if you are up for it, email us : )

Second, we have bipolar power supplies inside these pedals that handle the power conversion. They are expensive, but we could send you one or two to fuck around with.

why not just hack it back out of the pedal if it is already generated inside?

;)
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:32 pm

YESSSSS Happiness just arrived on my desk. Moog EP3 arrived yesterday. Now to get out of work early so I can get wubbing.....
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Um, just wanted to say thanks for making the most badass filter pedal Ive ever had the joy of playing.
This is definitely the one. It's so smooth right through the sweep, no dead spots, consistent levels. It goes from gritty to sweet and steady rhythmic pulse to spastic convulsion glitches.
Self oscillation is totally usable and musical sounding. Pairs well with everything I own. Also it's blue. Perfection!
Last edited by chrisdermo on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:55 am

YASSSS! So glad you are enjoying it.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:53 am

Can't stress enough, so good. 10/10
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aen » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Fuck yeah, I'm so glad you dig it. I also agree it pairs well with: effects pedals. We added some "pairs well with" things on our website, and I just wanted to put happiness on all of them.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Favourites:
Parasit 0415 PLL synth set to 2 octaves down + 2 octaves up with happiness on hpf and lfo modulation

happiness in any config into delay and/or reverb

Reverse reverb into happiness on lpf with exp pedal sweepings

Happiness bandpass with spazzy scrambles into ct5 mode 2 with random loopings

Pitchfactor harmodulator -> happiness lpf low depth with exp lfo rate -> ssbs mini

Boss PS3 with Ehx 8 step sequence -> happiness doing anything at all with high resonance -> boss pn-2 stereo panning super slow triangle -> one side with mid fi clarinot, then both sides into dd-7

It's useful like a utility pedal, without any of the boring.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ritz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:37 am

I'm also quite curious about these specifics. Based on the ARF, I already trusted Dwarfcraft to get it right when it comes to a filter, but it's nice to know how the pudding is made.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby aen » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:27 pm

vidret wrote:Simple question; is this a digital filter of sorts, or a wasp filter, or something else of your own design, or something else entirely? :)

Oh good question!

It's based on a steiner parker filter. Inspired by my experience with the Minibrute. I liked it because the lows don't disappear when you add resonance, like the Moog ladder filters. Of course, things have to change when you make them into a pedal, so I'm sure it's not a "perfect Steiner Parker" but that's where we started.

BONUS: There's a trimpot inside there that controls the input volume (or GAIN) which I haven't even really fucked with. It's a "just-in-case" control.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Finished the CV amplifier this weekend! Voltage regulators are en route and they're the last part I need. I'm working out how to get power boards in the future, but hit me up if you're interested in turning 0-5V CV into -/+12V CV compatible w the Happiness/Twin Stags/ARF!!
Here's a pic of how mine turned out
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Yo! If Ben doesn't answer quickly, email me the info for BILF and I'll take care of it.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarfcraft Devices