· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals made by your ol' pal aen <dwarfcraftdevices.com>
Post a reply

Re: Wizard of Pitch

Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:36 pm

Thanks. I guess I'll run it in a parallel blender thing.

Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:56 am

Ugh still want to try one of these maaaaan

How it sound on bass? I've yet to find a bass demo.

Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:39 am

Is the new finish to denote a change in circuit? Or just for fun? :cool:

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:19 am

Inconuucl wrote:Is the new finish to denote a change in circuit? Or just for fun? :cool:

Just for fun!

Fri May 06, 2016 7:28 am

So, this fix for potential noise issues, is it something that I could do myself, or does it have to be shipped to you? I am considering buying a used Wizard, so just curious in case I do.

Oh, and I've wondered about the graphics on that thing... did the Wiz at one point have a pipe in his mouth? I feel like something is missing to the right of the footswitch, like either his beard could be longer or he should be smoking something... Heh, that's just me though, it looks beautiful either way.

Fri May 06, 2016 11:52 am

frodog wrote:So, this fix for potential noise issues, is it something that I could do myself, or does it have to be shipped to you? I am considering buying a used Wizard, so just curious in case I do.

The fix isn't hard, but it will void your warranty if we don't do it for you. Send us an email if you want details.

Fri May 13, 2016 11:36 am

aens_wife wrote:In testing, we found that it has to do with the output impedance, so even the amp used can make it go quieter.

We have a fix for it now, though. Email us and we will get you fixed up!

Hello!

Are there any in stock around the dealer world with this fix already implemented? Thinking about getting one soon. thanks.

Fri May 13, 2016 12:25 pm

MaggotBrainNY wrote:
aens_wife wrote:In testing, we found that it has to do with the output impedance, so even the amp used can make it go quieter.

Hello!

Are there any in stock around the dealer world with this fix already implemented? Thinking about getting one soon. thanks.

They've been shipping with the fix implemented for several months, so pretty much anybody with stock has the current version.

Also, I just want to make something clear, there is no "noise fix." It is noisey. What's fixed is the output freakout that was fucking with some setups. As I understand it the wiz was blasting out some hypersonic frequencies that caused trouble with some gear. We got those freqs run into the ground!

Fri May 13, 2016 12:28 pm

aen wrote:
MaggotBrainNY wrote:

Hello!

They've been shipping with the fix implemented for several months, so pretty much anybody with stock has the current version.

Also, I just want to make something clear, there is no "noise fix." It is noisey. What's fixed is the output freakout that was fucking with some setups. As I understand it the wiz was blasting out some hypersonic frequencies that caused trouble with some gear. We got those freqs run into the ground!

Sick! Thanks man.

Sat May 21, 2016 5:40 pm

I have the Wiz nao. Bought used but not abused, and I gotta say I love it! I'll gladly take a little noise with the lovely sounds it makes, no problems to be found except one; my Ibanez DS10 (tubescreamer-ish thing) drops massively in volume when engaged after the wiz.. it doesn't matter though, because I have the fuck od right after it in the chain, and that acts fine. So that's the only thing odd, other than that this box is very cool.

Tue May 24, 2016 10:56 am

Ah shit, still need to find a time to take a quick trip to Eau Claire and get mine fixed. I must visit the Dwarfcraft labs!

Tue May 24, 2016 11:22 am

Wes Mantooth wrote:Ah shit, still need to find a time to take a quick trip to Eau Claire and get mine fixed. I must visit the Dwarfcraft labs!

Yep, you do need to come by and visit our new shop! Just let us know when :cool:

Tue May 24, 2016 3:38 pm

aens_wife wrote:
Wes Mantooth wrote:Ah shit, still need to find a time to take a quick trip to Eau Claire and get mine fixed. I must visit the Dwarfcraft labs!

Yep, you do need to come by and visit our new shop! Just let us know when :cool:

Do weekdays or weekends work better?

Wed May 25, 2016 11:51 am

Weekdays are better for us, since we have kids and shit home on the weekends.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Was there talk of an updated WoP, perhaps with a glitch function or some other upgrades? Just curious if that is in the works.
Post a reply