Wizard of Pitch

Moderators: aens_wife, aen

Re: Wizard of Pitch

Postby Wes Mantooth » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:36 pm

aens_wife wrote:Sigh. The Wizard is super fucking fussy about placement. We are still working on narrowing down exactly what makes it go quiet, but it seems to be an impedance issue. Once we get it fixed on our end, we will likely do something like we did for the Pitchgrinder and get early buyers fixed up.

Feel free to email us if you have additional questions!

Would placing it first be best then? Kind of had a similar problem with the one I picked up. I love using it clean, still figuring out the best way to use fuzz with it. Maybe I'll place it pre-dirt and see what effect it has. Fucking love this pedal though! Definitely will be doing a demo once my CT5 arrives. My board is just full of pitch shifting now. NASA Attribute, Reflector, WoP, Radical Delay, stacking them alllllllll :!!!:
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby aens_wife » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:43 pm

In testing, we found that it has to do with the output impedance, so even the amp used can make it go quieter.

We have a fix for it now, though. Email us and we will get you fixed up!
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Wes Mantooth » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:25 pm

aens_wife wrote:In testing, we found that it has to do with the output impedance, so even the amp used can make it go quieter.

Ah I see, will do! Right now my amps are at my band's space and I have no cab for my Micro Terror, I'm just going DI into a usb mixer with a Color Box as the preamp.

If you all aren't to busy for visitors I may just take a day trip to Eau Claire and personally drop it off. Was great talking to you and Aen when you dropped off the Pitchgrinder tourbox at my place a few years back.
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby aens_wife » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:23 am

Wes Mantooth wrote:
aens_wife wrote:In testing, we found that it has to do with the output impedance, so even the amp used can make it go quieter.

Ah I see, will do! Right now my amps are at my band's space and I have no cab for my Micro Terror, I'm just going DI into a usb mixer with a Color Box as the preamp.

If you all aren't to busy for visitors I may just take a day trip to Eau Claire and personally drop it off. Was great talking to you and Aen when you dropped off the Pitchgrinder tourbox at my place a few years back.

We would love to have you in EC! Just let us know when you are coming through. We have a few new things you can try out : )
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Wes Mantooth » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:24 am

aens_wife wrote:
Wes Mantooth wrote:

We would love to have you in EC! Just let us know when you are coming through. We have a few new things you can try out : )

Working out a time to make this trip with a friend some time in April or May, I'll keep you posted.

Also I LOVE THE WIZARD OF PITCH this thing rules besides the volume drop but that'll be fixed soon enough it seems.

Featured with an f13 flanger and some delay and verb on this track. Once the Heavy Machine kicks in... :love:

https://soundcloud.com/mikefetting/ebonkx7ouqsq
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:52 pm

Is there a way to change the thing where the mix knob doesn't work when the bender switch is up? I'd like to be able to blend in some of my original with the modulation.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:00 pm

Wes - that sounds great. Just let us know when you are thinking. We would love to have you!

OAM - The mix knob does work when the bender switch is up, but the speed has to be all the way off. When the bender is engaged the speed controls the rate of the falling pitch, and the mix controls the wet and dry blend.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aen » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:33 pm

*edited for clarity*
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:36 pm

Thanks. I guess I'll run it in a parallel blender thing.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Somnambulance » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:56 am

Ugh still want to try one of these maaaaan

How it sound on bass? I've yet to find a bass demo.
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby Inconuucl » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:39 am

Is the new finish to denote a change in circuit? Or just for fun? :cool:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby aens_wife » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:19 am

Inconuucl wrote:Is the new finish to denote a change in circuit? Or just for fun? :cool:

Just for fun!
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby frodog » Fri May 06, 2016 7:28 am

So, this fix for potential noise issues, is it something that I could do myself, or does it have to be shipped to you? I am considering buying a used Wizard, so just curious in case I do.

Oh, and I've wondered about the graphics on that thing... did the Wiz at one point have a pipe in his mouth? I feel like something is missing to the right of the footswitch, like either his beard could be longer or he should be smoking something... Heh, that's just me though, it looks beautiful either way.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Fri May 06, 2016 11:52 am

frodog wrote:So, this fix for potential noise issues, is it something that I could do myself, or does it have to be shipped to you? I am considering buying a used Wizard, so just curious in case I do.

The fix isn't hard, but it will void your warranty if we don't do it for you. Send us an email if you want details.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MaggotBrainNY » Fri May 13, 2016 11:36 am

Hello!

Are there any in stock around the dealer world with this fix already implemented? Thinking about getting one soon. thanks.
MaggotBrainNY

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarfcraft Devices