Re: ARF IS REAL! Demo P.3!

Postby askashrub » Mon May 04, 2015 11:47 pm

Plop.

askashrub

committed
committed

Postby Ric » Thu May 07, 2015 9:22 am

I love the way it plays at 4:16, I am wondering if it is just the ARF itself or there are other pedals connected..because it has the same settings at 4:25 but with a different sound..
I love Knobs vids too!!
Ric

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby aen » Thu May 07, 2015 9:58 am

Those are both ARF only sounds.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ric » Thu May 07, 2015 4:07 pm

aen wrote:Those are both ARF only sounds.

That's great!! :)
Ric

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby phantasmagorovich » Thu May 05, 2016 3:00 am

This would probably solve a lot of problems for me if the CV could be patched into an expression in.

So I'm assuming it only sends positive voltage, that would be good. How high does it go? Is it designed with the +5V of a regular modular in mind or does it only go up to the +3.3V that seem to be the limit for most expression inputs? I guess it can always be tamed by setting the depth knob to a point where the CV out would not exceed the expected voltage of an expression in but I just want to make sure this works.

So my simple question this boils down to: has anyone tried to patch the envelope out into an expression pedal input and did it work?
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Postby aen » Thu May 05, 2016 11:04 am

It's actually 7.25 volts at it's peak. I would not go patching it into expression jacks, though, as those are usually set up for a passive resistance, such as an expression pedal. Of course if you've got one of those fancy expression/cv inputs like on the moogerfoogers, you're in good shape, although I think those prefer around 5V.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby phantasmagorovich » Thu May 05, 2016 12:24 pm

aen wrote:It's actually 7.25 volts at it's peak. I would not go patching it into expression jacks, though, as those are usually set up for a passive resistance, such as an expression pedal. Of course if you've got one of those fancy expression/cv inputs like on the moogerfoogers, you're in good shape, although I think those prefer around 5V.

Drat!
I've recently learned that you can actually patch CV into expression if the cable is wired right and you attenuate correctly. The resistor is simply attenuating a voltage the pedal sends through the cable but that seems to usually be peaking around the 3.5V mark.

Alas. Time to look at a broadcast. Or didn't or of the modular brands make an attenuator cable..?

I'll investigate some more, thought I could cut it short and save me some research.

Edit: OK, that was easy. Koma electronic makes the cable I was talking about. Might still be risky though.
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Dwarfcraft Devices