MAKIN MOVIE diary and pix

Moderators: aens_wife, aen

MAKIN MOVIE diary and pix

Postby aen » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:42 pm

Whew. Just got home from the first day of shooting the Dwarfcraft Short Film That Does Not Have A Title Yet.

Started the shoot at the music store. For the shoot I'm running location sound, as well as doing the music and some of the mix and whatnot in post. I also had some to do with the story, and I'm paying for it, which means I get a bunch of cool credits at the end.

This was my workstation. Macbook and a firepod, or something. Swinging this fucking thing around all day.

It's a shotgun mic. Most likely because it works like a backwards shotgun. Every sound in the room gets sucked in and smashed into this mic. Some people call it a "dead cat" but this one I call Satan's Dick because it is a real pain in the ass, and it likes to fall out of the shock mount while I hold it way up high way far away from me for an awfully long time. I do not recommend boom micing for fun.
But we got a lot of good sound with it.

we also used a couple of "lab" mics. They are the things you see clipped on people on the tonight show and stuff. They actually sound pretty awesome!

They're hidden under crumpled up napkins LAWL! This is the second location today. A short scene with a cameo from Josh Ingersol of Dwarfcraft's finest "The Heart Pills"
This is where the huge movie crew starts to make sense. We had just two dudes for most of it, and so I was running to the computer and then back to the set, then getting the mic up before a shot, and then vice versa at the cut. After while we got a nice fella to come push start and stop on the recording rig. Whew. Then I can put my full attention on holding that boom up. Also we forgot to get ourselves fucking food until it was too late. :picard:

Heyyyy! Here's the fearless leader. Peter Eaton. Director, writer, producer, and DP! WAOW. He has a camera that is literally called "Black magic." Black Fucking Magic, are you kidding me? Ok.

So tomorrow is the big day... shooting crowd stuff, rockin' ass performance stuff. and some grim robes.

Hay thanks mom! My mom gets a wardrobe credit!

I'll try to keep up tomorrow...
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: MAKIN MOVIE diary and pix

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:07 am

Do you wield Satan's Dick whilst wearing the grim robez?
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby aen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:17 pm

Oh Hells No. I get to perform in that thing today!
Chankgeez wrote:
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Grrface » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Ugh, I wish I could see pics at work. Lab or Lav mics? If they're the clip on things, I think it's a Lav, short for Lavalier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavalier_microphone
Grrface

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Yes, Lav. The computer at home has some bullshit autocorrect in it.
I hardly got any pics yesterday, but I'll see if we can take some stills from the footage...
Chankgeez wrote:
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Grrface » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Sweeeeet
Grrface

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Astricii » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:33 pm

The Black Magic Design Cinema camera is a fucking beast. total Canon 5D killer
Achtane wrote:The whole super-submissive robotic dying cat girl with mosaic for junk thing...BLEH
Astricii

experienced
experienced

Postby aen » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:37 pm

So i hear... The footage is looking really good. I'm not sure when this is getting done. Peter (the main filmaker here) moved out to LA and is having to bust his ass for other jobs to make rent!
Chankgeez wrote:
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Dwarfcraft Devices