Eau Claire Thunder and overdrives

Moderators: aens_wife, aen

Eau Claire Thunder and overdrives

Postby Abanoise » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:38 am

I usually used an ECT a a light od/fuzz for bass (Fender P, drop C tuning, Orange AD200B, Ampeg SVT412), taming the gain knob and using the Tone Blast to enter in heavier territories. But I'd like to put in my board an overdrive and use the ECT at its full gain as an heavy fuzz. Unfortunately I tried differents od but noone seems to stack very well with the ECT: Fulltone Bassdrive, OCD, different Rats, BAT Reveltaion... They all tend to make the sound really goofy and muddy, pushing out only the low frequencies. Only the Sonic Titan --> ECT combo seems to retain clarity and a good balance between the different frequencies.
Have anyone tried it with other dirt pedals?
You're not a musician, you're a low frequencies generator!

Good deals: starcastic, multi_s, Ragged Trousers, phantasmagorovich x2, delaydecay, Aen, plotkin, TheOndrakGuy, Grandnoise, smallsnd/bgsnd, jskadiang, WtrPlyr, sp3k, AngryGoldfish, dan_abnormal, laekna x11, casperh7, FreakFlagRecordings, MEC x3, CaptainBoxman, wsf1234, durden26, Communarchy, painbeam, hipwaf, shrubber, chutneyfarmer, John, colossus, Jero, Jono, DarkAxel, Lebowsky, Eivind August, Snufkino, boneslygrifter
Abanoise

experienced
experienced

Re: Eau Claire Thunder and overdrives

Postby aen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:15 pm

I used it quite a bit with the INternet, but I pretty much just used that combo as a "total chaos" feedback machine. The ECT seems to prefer a bit quieter input, so if your OD isn't super loud, that'll work better with the Thunder.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Abanoise » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Yeah, I understand what you mean when you speak about "total chaos"... Thank you for your suggestion, anyways!
You're not a musician, you're a low frequencies generator!

Good deals: starcastic, multi_s, Ragged Trousers, phantasmagorovich x2, delaydecay, Aen, plotkin, TheOndrakGuy, Grandnoise, smallsnd/bgsnd, jskadiang, WtrPlyr, sp3k, AngryGoldfish, dan_abnormal, laekna x11, casperh7, FreakFlagRecordings, MEC x3, CaptainBoxman, wsf1234, durden26, Communarchy, painbeam, hipwaf, shrubber, chutneyfarmer, John, colossus, Jero, Jono, DarkAxel, Lebowsky, Eivind August, Snufkino, boneslygrifter
Abanoise

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:50 pm

I like it with something bright in front. What I've got is something like a Rangemaster derivative.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gunslinger_burrito » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:17 pm

This is late to the thread, but I've used a ss/bs mini-fuck in front of it with pretty good results. The gain on the OD wasn't full blast, though, just dirty with some bass and treble boost. I ran it into the "regular" mode of the ECT. The bass became HUUUUUGE and the high notes were much more articulate. Unfortunately I don't have a recording...yet.
gunslinger_burrito

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Casavettes » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:37 pm

While I don't have an ECT, I will agree with gunslinger that the mini stacks nicely
Casavettes

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kbit » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:04 am

I have my ECT sandwiched between two ss/bs Minis. Good, good times.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Dwarfcraft Devices